Monday, June 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home?

Been home from Zambia for just over a week, but it feels a day or two. I haven't really caught my breath. I jumped right back into work less than 36 hours after getting home. Of course, the first day was a Monday, which means teaching, so day 1 back at work didn't end until about 10:00p.m. After work Tuesday, Piper & I (and friend Joy) traveled down to ISD for our annual speaking engagement on the Parent Panel, making day 2 back at work end about 11:00p.m. By Wednesday the jet lag was really catching up to me, as was what I have dubbed the African Mystery Rash. We mustered our way through a sudden death of an extended family member, softball practices and baseball games throughout the rest of the week, including 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. VBS started last night and here it is Monday again. VBS and softball and baseball this week, culminating with hosting a baby shower for a dear friend and a birthday party for a dear daughter on Saturday. Sunday is an open house and welcome-home-from-Africa party. I seriously can't remember how I got here and in trying to find time to visit with a friend, I was looking to the 3rd week of July before I had free time!

I've been gathering my thoughts on Africa for a week now and am not sure how to express them - maybe tomorrow I'll try, but not yet. I miss it.


1 comment:

  1. Tanya, I'm so glad that I got to know you while in Zambia...it was a wonderful time that I'll never forget. I look forward to reading your thoughts when you're able to express them. :)
    Much love,
    Charity

    ReplyDelete