Thursday, September 9, 2010

That boy!

Oh, that boy! He's got charm. He's got wit. He's got faith. He's got the softest heart. I am so thankful that he walks his talk. What a stand up guy. Oh Lord, I pray that You continue to grow this attribute in him and that you would use him to better teach it to the rest of us!

Example? His teacher's known him for 2 weeks and is singing his praises. She shared this with me during email correspondence last week:
"I also wanted to let you know how THRILLED I am to have Wyatt in class. He is by far one of the neatest and kindest children I have ever had the opportunity to teach. I feel like I have learned so much from him already. I have to share a sweet "Wyatt Story"... After giving their speeches for class president Wyatt congratulated the other little girl that spoke. He told her that she did a great job and that he was going to vote for her. In our class of 24, she received 2 votes... I just believe hers and Wyatt's. There are thousands moments like this one where Wyatt's kind heart shines through and I just feel so honored that I get to work with him this year!"


Overheard at our house this week:
Ryder - "You don't need balance. You just need awesomeness."

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a story. The Wy Guy continues to impress and as always, we are very proud of him. He displays a level of caring and understanding soooo missing in the world today.
    Tanya, related to your July 28 post... I think this post may give you the answer you seek. Maybe you've been looking too far away, it's right in front of you everyday. All 3 are so special, each in their own way. Would they be who they are without you? Give yourself some credit for once, celebrate in the gift you are to them. If you could only see yourself as others see you.... There is no greater joy, then to breathe that sigh of relief, knowing your kids have become successful, caring, decent people.
    From someone who now knows this. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete