Monday, October 4, 2010

10-4 good buddy

It's hard to imagine what it was like before it was us, when it was just me. 13 years, 3 kids, 4 homes and a few scars later - it's still pretty sweet.

In the beginning, I was an adorable, little 15 year old who asked a mutual friend to introduce me to that cute guy outside my Latin classroom.

Then came a 4 year gap, I often say because he found other girls who, unlike me, would let him touch their butts ;) Funny how God brings you back to where He wants you, even when you aren't listening to Him... I was wooed across 2 states by this guy who couldn't remember how to spell my name, but made me laugh and loved music and food as much as I did.

19 years after that initial meeting, he's still cute, still makes me laugh and still loves food and music as much as I do, maybe more. More importantly these days, he loves Jesus, loves me and loves our kids.

So in honor of our 13th 10-4 and our first official dance as Simpsons:
I, I'm so in love with you
Whatever you want to do
Is all right with me
'Cause you make me feel so brand new
And I want to spend my life with you

Since, since we've been together
Loving you forever
Is what I need
Let me be the one you come running to
I'll never be untrue

Let's, let's stay together
Lovin' you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad

Whether times are good or bad, happy or sad

Why, why some people break up
Then turn around and make up
I just can't see
You'd never do that to me
Staying around you is all I see

Let's, we oughta stay together
Loving you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad

1 comment:

  1. Love the post. Awesome pics! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete