Monday, March 18, 2013

Recent Musings

  • My dog eats cardboard. Really any type of cardboard, she's not picky and it just recently started. We thought it was a fluke but apparently, not so. It really doesn't matter to her what's inside the box, that's collateral damage! Gifts from Gramma A in Minnesota, a pair of Aero dress pants, a case of Diet Mt. Dew (ugh - gag anyway!), stored Christmas lights, pajamas from Vickie's Secret, a Coach purse - all's fair when you are craving fiber!
  • WyGuy is going to high school. I'm a struggling momma and I'm certainly not old enough to have a high school student. This is much harder than those milestone birthdays. This is literally just a blink away from him becoming a man. Please, please, please reassure me that a grown man still needs his mom!!!
  • I love having chickens! In fact, 33 more of them are on their way to our house in a few weeks. 3 layers and 30 broilers. 
  • It's almost garden time and I can't decide what I want to plant this year. My staples are eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and spinach, but what should my wild card produce be this year? 
  • I love my big car and I would love to fill it up with more cute little noggins... that's what all those open seats are for, right? 
  • I hate painting. If I weren't such a fru-gal (like that? I just thought of it!), I would pay someone to do it. I LOVE the change a fresh color brings, but I hate that I felt like I had no weekend because I was elbow deep in Lyndhurst Timber, satin finish. 
  • Less than 4 weeks until we head to the University of Iowa to see a craniofacial team for Beebs. Prayers are welcome. We'll likely have some decisions to make as we've already seen two local doctors and we have an idea of what's coming. 
  • I don't drink enough. Never have. I can, and often do, go from my morning 2 cups of coffee until dinner without anything to drink. Today, I resolved to start forcing myself to drink. I've successfully ingested over 1/2 liter of water (hey, look here, that's almost 20 oz!!), however, I've been to the bathroom 4 times - ugh. Does that get better or am I doomed to pee every 15 minutes if I actually get to my goal of 1 liter in a day? 
  • My blog title is stupid. 


2 comments:

  1. It must be something in our family when it comes to fluids throughout the day. I have recently stopped drinking coffe after 9am break (which consists of approximately 2 styrofoam cups) as to a tall mug a few times a day to just bottled water the rest of the afternoon. It is difficult because typically the coffee was gone by late morning and I would drink NOTHING beyond that. I had to break the gum chewing habit to make myself drink fluids! Do you feel better with the continuous fluid intake??? I have noticed a difference myself but have to agree running to the restroom constantly is quite annoying, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh! Where is my second 'e' in coffee??? I specifically added it twice! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete