Thursday, May 6, 2010

Zambia

Africa is barely over 3 weeks away. To be precise, it's 22 days until we depart. So much to do...and I'm still trying to figure out where to start. I'm not a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kinda girl, so I feel like I'm behind schedule with preparations. Tickets - check, immunizations - check (except malaria meds), sleeping bags - check (thanks to gracious friends who loaned us fabulous tiny travel ones), skirts - check (must be worn while ministering in town), but there's still a laundry list of stuff to purchase and prepare!! And I'm already certain I'll forget something - so here's praying it's something small and expendable.

I'm trying to come up with clever ways to leave behind notes or maybe video/sound clips for Piper & Ryder while I'm gone since it looks like a global phone isn't going to be in the budget. Two weeks with no contact with Todd & the kids is going to be nerve wracking. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'm open to suggestions!

My second biggest concern, after leaving the family, is my strength. Not my physical strength, but my emotional strength. Anyone who's known me for a good amount of time, can tell you that I've always had a passion for children and care taking. And I can feel little cracks in my heart already starting simply thinking about being face to face with this
:









Overheard at our house this week:
Ryder singing (to the tune of Electric Avenue): We gonna rock down to peanut butter avenue, and then we'll make some toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment