Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Picky?

While I can't remember where this started or who was around, (read: I'm getting older) I was in a group recently and we were talking about food. I've always fancied food to be one of my favorite topics of conversation. I love food. I love bold, intense flavors and trying new things. At least, I think I do. Then someone in the group started talking about how weird I was because of the foods I don't like. Soon, the overall consensus became that I was a picky eater.

I was suddenly offended - not be being called weird since that is often a word used to describe me and I'm quite okay with it.I was offended by being called a picky eater. What? Me? I love food. I eat a lot. I am not picky. There are things I don't eat, but does that make me picky?! As is everything stored in my mind, of course I have a list:
- watermelon
- barbecue sauce/flavor
- dark meat chicken
- seafood
- cooked fruit/fruit pies
- ham
- cooked carrots
- sweet pickles
- kettle corn
- fried chicken
- chowder

So, looking at that list... am I picky? There are so many foods that I do love that I don't think I am, but maybe I'm in food denial. I have preferences. Maybe, just maybe, you can call me particular, but picky - nah.


Overheard at our house:
Sis - "My knee hurts. I think I have bronchitis in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment