Monday, May 9, 2011

Lock down?

So, I'm beginning to think that maybe Todd shouldn't be allowed to leave town - E.V.E.R. I mean, seriously, I joke about it, but every time he goes away, something goes horribly wrong. Exactly why is that?


You see, there was the time referred to here, and this time, and even before that there was the time the basement drain failed and the emptying water softener flooded the entire basement AND the time when the pipe under the sink disconnected and flooded the kitchen AND that time the furnace quit working in the middle of winter, AND then when the A/C went out in the middle of summer, oh, AND let's not forget when Sis broke her implant at summer camp in Michigan.


AND, if you saw my previous post, you'd note (probably along with the realization you are glad you're not me) that while he was gone last week, I lost the dog. Thursday night, as I dropped the kids off at my parents so that I could go to job #2, I ran home to let the dog out. Feeling bad that she had been in her crate all day, I left her loose in the garage and went to work. When I got home about 3 1/2 hours later, the back door to the garage was wide open and she was gone. Obviously I hadn't gotten the back door fully latched or something and the storm blew it open. I'm sure her leaving had to do with the storm (which she is scared of) and not being used to her surroundings yet, but I guess could have been as simple as "Oh, look mom - a squirrel. I think it wants me to chase it!" The most ironic thing about it all was that her wireless fence unit was sitting, still in the box, by the back door. My plan was to begin training on it on Saturday - yep, par for the course in my life! Thankfully on Saturday, we found her about a mile away at a "neighbor's" house. The fliers in the mailboxes about a mile in each direction really worked! A quick "THANK YOU!" to everyone who drove around, re-posted my fliers and status updates, and prayed - it all helped and we are grateful.

Oh, and straight after her bath on Saturday, we installed the wireless fence and began lessons. So far, so good - she's a quick learner.


Overheard at our house: Beebs - "He's a juice box hero... got stars in his eyes."  Me - "Do you know what the real words are to that song?"  Beebs - "Yep, he's a juice bock hero."

No comments:

Post a Comment