Monday, August 29, 2011

My little color-coded world


This, my friends, is a glimpse into the past month. Keep in mind that this is only one portion of the month - the sports schedule. This calendar is where I started 4 weeks ago while inputting information into my August spreadsheet. I only allow my kiddos one sport/extracurricular activity at a time and the above image is why.

Now, let's mix in there: school registration, a school in-service for the staff working with Sis, an IEP meeting, Meet The Teacher and Open House x 3, a full set of braces and 3 subsequent ortho appointments, 2 haircuts, Tag Day, physicals, court, 3 days in the Wisconsin Dells, Todd traveling for work and my full time job. Hopefully you'll begin to realize that my color-coded Excel spreadsheet isn't really OCD - it's sanity, at least a little glimmer of it. For 3 years, I've gotten by thanks to this little color-coded world.

I have managed to shut out all t.v. (except for the 3 Friday night movie rentals we've done) and have successfully completed 4 books this month, but other than that, I've really accomplished very little. Well, I've kept them all fed and relatively happy, so I guess that'll have to be accomplishment enough during this season.

Overheard at my house:
Sis: "EVERYONE in my class is obsessed with being popular. I don't really care about being popular, I just want them to like me."

No comments:

Post a Comment