Thursday, June 28, 2012

a free day

So, I'd like to blame my lack of follow up around here on my schedule, and it has been somewhat influential this past month, but I glanced backward over this year and I've only been posting twice a month on average anyway. I keep meaning to post, and then I realize I don't really have anything to say. Imagine that - me without an opinion, at least one that is healthy for me to share. 

Therefore, today's the day to write something. Partially because tonight's double header softball game was cancelled due to the heat!! We've had one day off of baseball and/or softball (June 20th) this entire month, so today makes two!! Yay! Well, that's not completely accurate as we did skip a weekend to take a quick trip to the Wisconsin Dells, but that doesn't mean games weren't scheduled! We celebrated Sis's 12th birthday there... inadvertently creating a family tradition. You see, we went to Minnesota for Wy's 12th birthday, taking him to a Vikings game. Now, Beebs, wants to know where HE gets to go for his 12th birthday. Thankfully I have over 4 years to plan that one! Right now he's really pushing for an RV vacation to see the Grand Canyon next year. I'm all for it!

What I really feel like writing down are things that have happened this year that remind me of how blessed I am and other things that just generally make me happy:


  • 3 healthy kids who have needed no serious medical intervention (those who know us, know that this is rarity in our household) 
  • 3 kids who are all maintaining straight A's and a love of books
  • chickens - I love this new adventure, although I don't love all the work! :)
  • spending some time with my brother while he was in Illinois for several weeks - this hasn't happened since he enlisted and left the state over 5 years ago
  • a husband who showed major dedication and commitment, completing his MBA
  • a fun, albiet sometimes stressful, job that granted me a promotion a year after I started
  • becoming a Mac convert
  • a green wall in my family room and an orange kitchen/dining area
  • new bedroom furniture
  • being physically able to exercise and make a dietary lifestyle change for my family - I've lost 13 lbs. as a by-product of this!
  • living close to my parents - never thought I'd say this, but both Todd and I are thoroughly enjoying and taking comfort in this
  • donating my hair for a 3rd time - especially when we know two families currently in the throes of childhood cancer 


Now, that feels better.
What are you blessed by and happy about this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment