Monday, June 27, 2016

The current normal

You know 40... you kinda suck. I was doing just fine at 39...


So surgery #2 happened last week and went well. **Interesting side note: according to billing and insurance, I had an organ transplant during surgery! Sometimes your parathyroids grow into your thyroid, which mine had. When removing my thyroid, 2 of my parathyroids came out with it. The doc reinserted and attached them and it was all coded as an organ transplant. 

I also found out I now have valvey veins, which apparently isn't all that copacetic with IVs. One successful IV was started around 1:15pm and decided it was done around 2:00am - 3 attempts and 2 nurses later... success at 3:00am! 




So far, surgery recovery has been the easy part. Pain is minimal and while I've still got some swelling, I'm healing well. However, I feel like I have the flu... all the time! Foggy brain, motion sickness and waves of nausea, trouble with my vision, and tired, oh-so-tired. 



So normal right now is yuck. Like, for real, yuck. I know it's all healing from 2 surgeries in 12 days and medication regulation and stuff, so it's not the new normal, but it is the current normal and I'm already over it ;-) 

Thank you for all of the amazing prayer support and meal preparation that has been gifted to us - we are truly blessed!

Next up: follow up with surgeon on Wednesday for official release for vacation (I'm convinced it's gonna happen folks!). A restful, relaxing vacation, then start the next phase of treatment... 

God is good.
Life is good.
I am good. 

but cancer sucks.

6 comments:

  1. soOoo.. I was actually just thinking about you!! I open up and see this new post :-)So sorry that normal right now not so good!! Hope that it gets easier & easier by the hour!!! Happy to hear the progress is good enough for vacation, I hope that continues!!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

      Delete
  2. so glad you are feeling a little better--continuing to remember you and your family in prayer. Enjoy that vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for healing and a good vacation!
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete