Thursday, February 4, 2010

Here come the bills

I am blessed to have health insurance, and I understand the ins and outs of group health insurance because I work in the industry, however it's still hard to swallow those bills when they come rolling in. The EOBs from Piper's hospital bill from her surgery in December have started appearing. While it didn't seem like that invasive or difficult of a procedure, docs kinda freak out and go overboard with safety for her with any medical procedure, given her history - and that's okay. HOWEVER, we're the ones who pay for it - figuratively and literally! Our "portion" of the bill totals just over $1800!! How the heck am I supposed to come up with that, especially when we're trying to buy a house and look good with a savvy credit/debt ratio! We've only gotten one bill from Ryder's December surgery and our portion of that one is right at $700 - a little more palatable, but that's just the first one. Ever feel like you got caught in some seaweed just when you get the doggie paddle down pretty good?

I guess this means I WILL be going back to teaching at Midstate this quarter - baby needs new shoes, or something! I do love teaching & would do it full time if the opportunity ever presents itself, but adding it to my already kinda hectic life is not the most appealing thing right now. Although I don't always keep it in the right perspective when I'm feeling overwhelmed with my life, today I resolve to count my blessings - including the fact that I have 3 jobs when some people can't even find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment