Thursday, February 25, 2010

Random updates for the week

I've found the measure of success when I try to feed my family something new is whether they're actually looking for leftovers the next day. I bravely tried 2 new recipes this week & both times I either had kids looking to take more in their lunches or asking me to make it again for the following night's meal. I could really have ended my week satisfied tonight after this accomplishment! Lasagna roll ups and cornmeal & herb breaded pork loin have earned their place in the recipe box - go mom!

Todd officially turned 4 years older than me yesterday. :)

Piper's dress has been purchased for my brother's wedding. This weekend I hope to get 3 suits for my boys and my dress.

We are looking at 2 houses on Saturday, but no one's looking at ours.

Dentist appointments last Tuesday revealed Ryder's first cavity and subsequently his first filling appointment. Can't wait to update on that. Everyone else in the clear. I was a little sad to learn that the receptionist at our dentist's office is retiring in March. She is the sweetest woman and I love chatting with her when we go for appointments. She'll be missed but retirement's usually well earned and deserved - so best wishes Sharon.

Pax is 9 days into a new medication and seems to be worse than before. We're struggling to control and contain him and yet, he's the most timid, self conscious dog I've seen. It's truly a disturbing combination. He's broken another glass window pane & a door frame this week (not to mention the food he's taken to sneaking out of the pantry at night). What to do? What to do?


Overheard at our house tonight:
Piper "Wyatt, do these new jeans that Grammy got make my butt look big?"

No comments:

Post a Comment