Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What weird?

Ahhh... sweet, quiet bliss. Todd's still at work, Wyatt & Piper are at art class, Ryder's watching Fraggle Rock and Pax is drugged and sleeping on the futon in the basement and I'm sitting in front of my computer printing out labels for my Avon brochures (shameless plug - www.youravon.com/tsimpson).

So the sign's in the front yard and we're 8 days into Operation Home Sale. This past week was marathon home preparation - organizing closets, repairing/repainting the bathroom wall and re-caulking the tub, replacing broken hardwood in the dining room floor, painting the chimney, cleaning the dog foot prints off the house and cleaning the basement. Why? To make the best impression on the gaggle of realtors that came through the house today, of course! And what is my reward for all of this work? They had 2 comments - the dogs barking scared them and the house had a "weird smell." What the heck?!? Weird rotten? Weird doggish? Weird cat litterish? Weird funky? Weird dirty kid? Weird different? What weird!?!?

Now, those of you who've been to my house - honestly, does it smell bad? I am kinda fanatical about smells and have always prided myself on a pleasantly odoriferous home. I'm trying not to read to much into it and keep telling myself that they just don't like the smell of my hazelnut reed diffuser and candles, and rather than specifically saying that, they just decided to say it smelled "weird." I purposely, repeatedly sniffed throughout the house when I got home and I'd just like to say it smelled hazelnutty, which in my humble opinion is not equated with weird.


Overheard at our house:
Ryder talking to Wyatt & Piper after his field trip to the Hult Health Education Center "You need to brush your teeth twice a day in little circles because even though you can't see molasses, it combines with your food and gets stuck to your teeth and causes cavities."

No comments:

Post a Comment